Neo CoolCam has different free applications according to the so-called Server include the camera. In this document we will focus on how to configure IP Neo CoolCam cameras through server op.
Like to know if my camera uses server OP
Neo CoolCam IP cameras have several stickers indicating information on their characteristics.
- Sticker makes reference to an address DDNS indicating the name of this address.
- Sticker is related to the P2P settings, and server to which the camera is associated is indicated at the top.
Once you’ve already confirmed your camera server, you must use the compatible APP for the camera.
Please note Neo CoolCam offers different servers for different ranges of cameras. If your camera uses BPH server in this other document you have more details of its management.
How data is transferred through a P2P Server
Use the P2P APP is an easy way of setting the camera to view the images without opening ports or make complicated configurations on your Router.
The most common way is to connect the IP camera wired to the Router and your smartphone with WiFi to the same Router.
IP camera images travel from the camera to the P2P server and P2P server in the cloud to the APP. Therefore it is very important to have in mind need to connect the camera to the Internet in order to use the camera with this APP.
Install APP for cameras with server OP
Neo CoolCam offers free applications for Android and iOS to handle your IP cameras. In this document we will try the version for Android, although of similar form, you can use the APP for iPhone.
When searching on Goole PlayStore or AppleStore the term P2PCamOP will give you the following icon
How to add a camera APP P2PCamOP
In the Welcome screen, you will appear a list of previously configured cameras. Although the first access will be shown you blank hoping to add cameras.
The following window will open when you click on Add new camera .
Name. The name is identify the IP camera from others.
Cam ID. You can manually enter the UID code from the sticker on the camera or scan it.
User. It is the name of the configured user to access the camera, usually admin
Password. You have to type the password to access the camera, normally is admin. Although keep in mind on the sticker includes IP camera appear these written data.
Add camera scanning QR code
Clicking on scan option code on your smartphone a window opens where you can scan the sticker with the QR code of the camera.
The camera must be connected to the Internet normally cable in most models. If you scan the code is obvious to think you are your smartphone connected by WiFi and camera wired to the same Router.
Search camera on local network
If you prefer you can in this option request to the APP search on the same local network camera. In this case it must be camera connected by cable to the Router and mobile with the APP via WiFi to the same Router.
A central display shows the camera or cameras that are installed and only you must click on the camera or cool to find more cameras on the same network.
Complete process of adding camera app
Once you have written the address P2P from the camera in the box Cam ID of any of the previous forms you must complete the Setup.
To do this type the initial password in the password box and click on the fact the top right button.
When you first access the camera IP are you prompted to change the password for your privacy.
Click Next to advance to the next screen where you make this modification.
By clicking on this icon you see the users screen from where you can modify the main admin user password. Enter a strong password in the password field and press fact to finish.
Visualization of cameras from APP P2PCamOP
You can repeat the above procedure if you have multiple cameras with the OP server to add them in the APP.
On the main screen once added the camera will give you a thumbnail of the image of the camera.
Camera extended on the screen of your mobile phone will be displayed by clicking on the thumbnail of the camera on the left side.
Main video playback controls
The first control appears at the top appear controls top to bottom and from left to right
- Horizontal mirror image
- Vertical mirror image
- Brightness. A bar appears to adjust this value.
- Contrast. A bar where slide to adjust the value is displayed.
- Activate alarm service
- Disable alarm service
- Light settings. It allows to set the frequency of light between 50 Hz, 60 Hz or outside depending on the camera model.
- Return to baseline values for video.
Movements patrol IP camera
With the second and third button of the camera, you can create a movement:
- Horizontal right to left
- Vertical from top to bottom
Your camera must have motorised functions to make this target’s movement.
IP camera preset button
If your camera has a motorized functions you can use this function. It is something very useful since normally the camera is installed in a point and sometimes you need to point to a particular position and want to make it faster and more accurate way.
This feature can put us in first place the lens in position like to memorize as for example door and memorize it as position 1. To store it associate, you must click the Save Preset button and the position number for example 1.
Button turn screen
With this second button at the top right you can tap the screen to view the picture in full screen.
Button turn off playback
Press the top right button to exit the playback and return to the previous screen.
If you prefer you can click on your mobile phone the button return to do the same function.
If your camera has audio with the left lower button functions you can listen what happens where is the camera installed. To talk about click the microphone button appears on the right side.
Button capture image
Clicking on this icon the APP will save a screenshot in the memory of the mobile phone.
Video recording button
With the button of the video camera you can record a video clip that will be saved in the internal memory of the phone. A message recording appears on the right side while the recording is made.
Display mode button
Since this option you can easily modify if you prefer to have better quality of image or speed. If you select higher quality you will have a higher consumption of data and a slower than if you select speed as a preference.
From this option the value of Bitrate is modified to adjust the picture quality to the user.
Button video resolution
You can reduce the image of VGA (640 × 480 pixels) resolution to QVGA (320 × 240 pixels) which will adjust the picture quality to your requirements.
Button settings leds
With the last button from the bottom bar you can adjust lighting values by turning off or manually lighting the leds of the camera.
Edit camera options
On the main screen you can press the Edit button at the top to access a brief configuration of the added cameras.
From this screen are handled cameras added to the APP. You can select one by one, or all with the lower button. Delete selected cameras from the APP by clicking the delete button
Either click on the button of the arrow on the right of each camera to access the basic configuration.
In this basic configuration you can see the name of the Chamber and access password to the camera.
Configure camera IP NeoCoolcam from APP
On the main screen press the teethed wheel on the right side button to access the settings on the left Chamber.
These are the options you and we will analyze in detail in the following document.
Remember to click on the done button to save the settings on each tab make. Or if you want to exit without saving it, click on back
The camera will return to its initial factory settings and will lose the made settings.
The camera will show if it is connected to a WiFi network or cable.
To search for WiFi networks available to the camera and connect, click on the button points of access WiFi. The camera will make a scan showing the detected WiFi networks. Select your WiFi network and write the password.
Avoid using special characters may not recognize the camera, both the network name and password.
If you have an own FTP server, you can add it to the configuration so that the camera upload images in case of motion detection.
The camera supports 3 types of different users, administrator, operator and visitor. Administrator and the user with greater privileges.
You can define an access name and different user for each user accessing the camera.
Using this option you can set the camera motion detection. You can also configure a second part that action will be the camera to produce detection, i.e. If you want to send an email, it emits a sound,… or do not perform any action
ACTIVATION SENSITIVITY DETECTION AND ALARM
- Motion detection enabled. Click this check box to activate detection on the IP camera.
- Motion sensitivity. Sets a value for the detection sensitivity the value being the most sensitive.
ALARM INPUT CONNECTIONS
The following 2 options are related to input IP camera alarm connections.
- Alarm input. To activate this function camera alarm is activated via the back entrance-contact in the IP camera. If your camera has connections of input or output you can e.g. connect a motion sensor that activates the detection instead of the motion sensor. It is important if you’re not going to connect any motion detector or other device not marques this box since otherwise it would issue you with false alarms.
- Trigger level. It is related to the contact open or closed to the receipt of this notice of entry.
ACTIONS TO BE CARRIED OUT IN CASE OF DETECTION
The following options are related to the actions held the camera to detect motion.
- Preset alarm Association. When a movement is detected if the camera has power features you can place in a previously-defined preset position.
- Association of alarm I/O. Occurring will issue detection if the camera has connections of alarm output an alarm output. This output can vary depending on the camera model, but is normally output 5vdc.
- Output level. It sets the output type open or closed in the alarm output alarm occurs.
- Notify by email alarm. Send an email informing of the motion detection with screenshots. Keep in mind is necessary to email settings indicating the email and who will be sent from that sent the email.
- Alarm record. Saved in the history of the Chamber happened detection information.
- Enable the alarm sound. If the camera has internal speaker it will emit an alarm sound detection occurs.
- Upload Photo after activation of alarm. If you’ve done the FTP settings, activating this function will take an image to the FTP server.
- Range of rise (1-30 seconds). It is the period between each image upload to the FTP server.
NOTIFICATIONS IN APP NEOCOOLCAM OP SERVER
In the form of notice by default the camera will emit a notice on your mobile. You will receive this notice immediately upon detection.
If you want the camera to send a notice by email in case of detecting an intruder, in this configuration must specify the parameters from which mail will be sent and who will be sent.
- Sender. Email address sender, in the example of the image using the gmail server must end in @gmail.com
- SMTP server. Name of the Server SMTP, or in the case of gmail-smtp.gmail.com
- SMTP port. It is the port used by the server. In the case of gmail is usually 465
- Verify. Generally your email need a user name and password to log in, if you need login mark this box.
- SSL. Type of security on the smtp server. For gmail you must use TLS
- SMTP user. Name of your email address without ending @gmail.com or the server you are using.
- SMTP password. Password with which to access the email.
- Email of the recipient 1. Number 1 email address to receive notifications in case of alarm.
In the same way you can add up to 4 email addresses where you receive notices.
If your camera has an internal memory or memory slot, you can display the following options from this menu. Note these options are for the memory storage in the camera and not on the phone or a computer NVR,…
- Total SD card space. Once inserted the memory will show the size of the memory in Mb
- Available on SD card space. Total memory in this box will be shown the total available
- Write recording. By checking this box recordings will be made periodically. This means that the oldest recordings are deleted when there is sufficient space on the SD card for new recordings. In this way the recording process will never stop.
- Recorded voice. If your camera has audio, when this function is enabled the recordings will incorporate sound.
- Duration of recording (minutes). Size in minutes of each clip recorded in the camera’s memory.
- Scheduled recording. You can enter a schedule in which a recording is performed sobe IP camera’s memory card.
- Reformat SD card. This button will clear the contents of the memory card. This option is not undone.
It is important to have the camera set to the correct time, in this way have some windows such as:
- Easily locate recordings by date and time
- Schedule and adjust the recording schedule agenda and days you need
- The camera will show the date and time correct to view it.
- … and in general any function that depends on a time or date related to the camera.
From this menu you can set the time that has IP camera in different ways:
- Get the date and time from a time server on the Internet. The camera must be connected to the Internet and each time interval will synchronize the time with the server indicate you. In this case it is necessary to indicate to the camera in that time zone we are and if we want to be updated with summer time.
- Get the time from the phone. The camera takes the time and date on your mobile using the same data. It is not necessary to indicate time zone or daylight saving time.
The information display us is:
- The device time. It will display the current time set on the IP camera
- TimeZone. When you select get time from Server-schema we must indicate at that time zone of the World IP camera is installed.
- summer time. Mark the checkbox if you need to modify time using the schedule of summer.
- values provided by NTP. By checking this box tells the camera IP be synchronized over the Internet with a time server which will provide the correct time to the camera.
- Server NTP. Select one of the different time servers available in the drop-down
- Use the device time. Pressing this button the camera will get the date and time of the phone where you access it.
Bottom buttons APP NeoCoolCam
At the bottom by default appears in the button camera, from where you can see pictures from the camera and make your settings. But you also have other different controls they allow you different options
Clicking on this button you will be shown a list of cameras added to the APP. By selecting the camera you need you will be shown a track record or log the detections and other functions stored in this register.
With this lower button you can access the captures of images recorded on the memory of the phone. Recalls from the display panel it is possible to take a snapshot that is stored in the phone memory. Through this form you can retrieve these images recorded on the phone.
Similar way to see screenshots of images in the phone’s memory, you can play video recordings.
When you click on the Video below tab you’ll see you get a list of all cameras are configured in the PPP and two options at the top:
- Customer. Recordings stored when you press the live record button and that is stored in the internal memory of the phone.
- Remote. This form can access the recordings stored on the camera’s memory if you have it so that you can see them from the phone.