What is it with outdoor smartphones?
In some current smartphones, one increasingly encounters a certain IP certification, which is incomprehensible to many. We educate and show you what the different numbers mean.
Outdoor compatibility has long been a niche for smartphones. In the last few years was started but also to make high-end smart phones such as the Sony Z-series compatible. The most famous representative is the current Sony Xperia Z5 (here inthe test), or, which comes with an IP68 certification. But what does this number after the IP; More specifically, each digit has a meaning. In general it is described that specifies the IP class, an electronic device, in our case is how resistant the Smartphone/Tablet/gadget. While the first digit describes the resistance of the Smartphones compared to foreign substances such as dust, small particles, etc. The seconddig it is used to describe the resistance to water.
Of course there are also appropriate classifications, how far does this resistance.When the first digit to the resistance to foreign bodies, there are 6 levels:
1. provides protection against solid foreign bodies with diameters from 50 mm
2. provides protection against solid foreign bodies with diameters from 12.5 mm
3. provides protection against solid foreign objects with a diameter of 2.5 mm
4. Bbietet protection against solid foreign bodies with diameters from 1.0 mm
5. provides sufficient protection against dust
6 complete dust-proof
The second digit there are 8 steps, describing the resistance to water:
1. protection against dripping water.
2. protection against dripping water, when the enclosure is tilted up to 15 °.
3. protection against spray water up to 60 ° from the vertical.
4. protection against comprehensive splashing water.
5. protection against water jets (Jet) from any angle.
6. protection against powerful water jets.
7. protection against temporary immersion.
8. protection against continuous immersion.
Thus arises an IP68 certification, for example, used in the Sony Xperia Z5:
• The housing of the Smartphone is completely dust tight.
• The casing is protected against a permanent immersion.
These certifications are a good indication of the resistance of the smartphone. Wediscourage still from too much of a strain for the Smartphone and smartwatch compared via Phonejust.com. The appliance guarantee will apply in the majority of cases not if water gets into the housing.
E-Mail to the editor
For comments on this article or have any questions, E-Mail write us gladly.
Post the first comment to this topic
Classless Subnetting Using the Worksheet
Cisco CCNA Advanced IOS Management Part I …
The Ultimate Data Mapping and GDPR Article 30 Handbook …
led warning lightbar for cars China (Mainland) Other …
SIP Survey Snippet
SIP Survey Snippet
Course Introduction CET1600C – Cisco Networking …
Avaya crash course download websites
Unit IV Testing of IC Engines & Supercharging.
Measuring Fiber / Merenja na optičkim vlaknima
Details of Wifi Box Camera Wirelss Box IP Camera
This Cisco Certification Training Bundle is 98% Off
PLM This Week: Is PLM Better in the Cloud? Siemens Updates …
Java Programming Introduction
Semiconductor Engineering .:. Starting Point Is Changing …
European Union Intellectual Property Office
Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017) review: A milestone for the …
Microsoft Technical Associate
The Subnet Training Guide